The Global Calculator aims to be the most open, collaborative and accessible world energy model. The Calculator is funded by the UK Government’s International Climate Fund and the EU’s Climate-KIC, and has been built by an international team from the following organisations:
- Department of Energy and Climate Change (UK)
- Climate-KIC (EU)
- International Energy Agency
- World Resources Institute
- Energy Research Institute of the National Development and Reform Commission and Energy R&D International (China)
- EY (India)
- London School of Economics
- Imperial College London
- Climate Media Factory
The team also consulted hundreds of experts whilst building the model to make sure that it is as robust as possible. We continue to welcome feedback.
On these pages you can learn more about the team behind the Calculator, the history of the project, and you can download the full Excel version of the model and the code for the website.